Servicing Organic / LEED Accounts
Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design
- Advanced IPM started servicing LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) accounts in 2010.
- We became a member of USGBC (U.S. Green Building Council) in 2010.
- Our technicians are trained on LEED procedures: Communications and Documentation, Notification to the Occupant, Least Toxic Treatments with Escalation to Most Toxic When Needed, and Emergency Situations.
IPM – Integrated Pest Management
Pest Control in commercial accounts must protect the health and safety of employees, public, and children. A new approach to pest control is IPM. It reduces the risks from pesticides and improves the quality of pest control. It is taking the place of traditional pest control service, particularly in sensitive sites such as schools, hospitals, etc.
- IPM means Integrated Pest Management, also known as Green Treatments
- IPM is a sustainable approach to managing pests by combining biological, mechanical, cultural, physical and chemical control methods in a way that minimizes economic health and environmental risks.
- Cultural: modifying the activities of the occupants, grounds keepers and maintenance crew. This could include food consumption areas, time of day trash is emptied, etc.
- Physical: Modifying a habitat, by exclusion, putting lids on trash cans, use of traps
- Biological: Use of living organisms, like lady bugs, stingless wasps, nematodes, etc.
- Chemical: Use of pesticides, using least toxic such as baits, Crack and Crevice treatments, escalating to a more toxic treatment if results are not achieved.